The Translational Plant Sciences Graduate Program (TPSGP) is designed for highly motivated students with the drive and passion necessary to do high-impact, meaningful research. This program is supported by an interdisciplinary group of advisory faculty working together to produce the next generation of global leaders in sustainable agricultural biotechnology.
This novel program seeks exceptional students from a variety of disciplines, including chemistry, engineering, entomology, ecology, evolution, molecular genetics, microbiology, crop sciences, plant pathology and bioinformatics.
Applicants interested in a PhD in the following areas of research are encouraged to apply:
· Global agriculture
· Plant-based biotechnology
· International academia-industry interactions
· Biofuels and bioproducts
· Sustainability and the environment
· Plant-pathogen interactions
· Plants in human and animal health
The Translational Plant Sciences Graduate Program offers several advantages over traditional graduate programs:
· Flexible, compact curriculum tailored to the individual student
· In-depth laboratory experience conducting cutting-edge research
· Practical hands-on internship experiences tailored to individual career goals
· Full support for up to five years
· Opportunities to develop international collaborations